Sand Bass Tournament
The Logansport Chamber of Commerce’s Sand Bass Tournament is an annual event for the Town of Logansport. The tournament is held on the Sabine River at the beginning of The Toledo Bend Reservoir.
Each year beginning sometime in February and continuing into the spring months, the Sand Bass or White Bass begin their annual spawning run up the Sabine River. It is this annual run that brings anglers of all ages and walks of life to Logansport, La. to attempt to entice this hard fighting fish to take their bait and become a trophy in their ice chests. A fancy boat is not a requirement to enjoy the fishing, on any given day you will find people along the riverfront sitting in chairs, on ice-chests and just along the bulkhead casting lines into the river with hopes of hooking “The Big One”, of course there are lots of boats on the river, with the same goal in mind. It is from this yearning to catch the Sand Bass from the waters of the Sabine River that the Chamber of Commerce began its Annual Sand Bass Tournament, it has proven to be an area wide event attracting teams from all over North Louisiana, East Texas and beyond.
- 2016 Sand Bass Tournament Canceled
There is also a “Big Sand Bass” contest. To participate in this event an additional entry fee of $50.00 must be paid by the fisherman. After the official weigh-in, the angler with the “Biggest” fish wins the entire pot.
The tournament features a large Grand prize and will be determined by the Tournament Committee each year.
The event begins with a fish-fry the evening before the tournament. The Riverfront Park is teeming with anglers, anxious to begin fishing the next morning, but just as eager to sample the delicious catfish with all the trimmings. It is a community event and tickets for the fish-fry are available for sale at the tournament check in tent. The public is always welcome!
Sponsors for the Sand Bass Tournament are a big part of making this event possible. Our tournament has several levels, which allow almost anyone to participate as a sponsor.
- GOLD - $1000 or more receives a banner highlighting you or your business which will be displayed on the Riverfront during all events. Prominent status on print advertising to promote the event, and preferred seating and a complimentary number of tickets to the Friday Fish Fry.
- SILVER - $500 or more receives a banner highlighting you or your business which will be displayed on the Riverfront during all events. Prominent mention on print advertising and complimentary number of tickets to the Friday Fish-fry.
- BRONZE - $250 or more is a part of all print advertising and complimentary tickets to Friday Fish-fry and recognition in print advertising.
- Smaller donations are always acceptable, either a cash donation or items for our auction or door prizes are needed. We will highlight and recognize all other level of sponsors in print advertising.
If you are interested in becoming a Tournament sponsor please contact the Logansport Chamber of Commerce. Our email address is email@example.com or you can download a sponsor form..
Volunteers are needed and welcomed. Come join us and support!
Your support is greatly appreciated and the Logansport Chamber of Commerce thanks you.
Each year the Sand Bass Tournament Committee selects a charity to receive a donation from the proceeds of the Tournament.
Sand Bass Tournament
Logansport Chamber of Commerce
PO Box 320
Logansport, Louisiana 71049